WEEK AT A GLANCE

(disclaimer: I wrote this in October and just realized it's been saved as a draft since then - old news, but still a tid bit of my life)

So, I was subbing at the highschool the other day and it's not like grade 10 students need any other reasons to ignore a substitute teacher but they got one. In the middle of class sparks started to fly from the power pole outside our class window and before I could even think - a quick group of highschool boys had quickly exited the classroom and were kind enough to make sure that everyone knew that a raven had just hit the bucket on the power pole and was fried. Within seconds, I was alone in the class - nothing to do but join them...I wanted to see this too!

I love the little events that make everyday a little bit different and interesting. I feel like I've been on overload of great things happening over the past week...still loving it! Here's a few of this week's goodies...

-Banff Mountain Film Festival. Saw Into the Wild, Loop, Radical Reels, and the Retro Reel "El Capitan" (Winner of the 1979 Film Fest)
-Banff Mountain Book Festival
-Spent my day off hiking on the new snowfall and saw a black bear wandering the boulder field at the top of C-level Cirque.
-Night of Lies - a locals night of story telling of great mountain adventures. Chic Scott went home the winner for his sweet slideshow about Hans Moser
-Trail running via headlamp is my new favourite 'tween season activity
-Fully inspired by Catherine Whyte after visiting an exhibit about her life at the mueseum in Banff...I think I would have been her, if I could be someone from the 1930's.
-Bought AT boots - I was so excited I almost wore them to bed!

No comments: