BALANCE IN A PUZZLE PIECE.



It's starting to snow and become cozy in Canmore. A few things have been good reminders to me that although it takes effort - I am managing to regain some missing elements and find some longed for balance in my life. It doesn't just happen (for me), I've had to be very concious of creating space for it. As I was putting in the last piece of a puzzle that I had sitting on my kitchen table, I realized that I'm finding it. I did a puzzle. I've never done a puzzle. I'm not trying to say that I'm striving to do more puzzles in my life - but that was an indicator, balance is emerging...

December is now official. I kicked it off with a ski into Bow Hut with my friend Sara to meet up with another friend of mine, Ryan et al. It was beautiful touring and good hut hang-out times. There were about 16 people up there (various groups and connections or none at all) and everyone seemed to fill their free moments with various past times:
1. Drinking hot beverages (followed by more hot beverages)
2. Sitting by the fire
3. Viewing the large dining table as a perfect bouldering problem and doing laps around and over it without touching the ground
4. cards
5. sleepwalking
6. cooking ELABORATE food (Ever seen Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, scallops wrapped in Bacon and Pork Tenderloin at a hut before?)
7. Night skiing

However one finds a way to spend spare moments - it was just a good reminder that away from the "to-do" lists and errands of life - spending time with people can be one of the more creative and well-spent uses of time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats up kaeli
ran into your blog from thought i'd tell i'd say hi. sounds like life is great. congrats on the new AT boots. yeah for skiing.

jt

Garrett said...

Kaeli

Good hearing about your life, i must say i really, really, really want to explore the revelstoke, golden and canmore area...Rogers Pass maybe, take out your new AT boots for some freshies?

Your life sounds great! Are you going to make a trip to SLC to visit the crew and ski what some people call "the worlds greatest snow" (I don't necesarily believe that statement it needs to snow in order to have "the worlds best snow", but people here swear by it).

Cheers!

Ben & Kath said...

Kaeli,
'bin thinking about you lately lots. i'm sooooo glad that you love your life. you are exactly where you need to be. keep writing, because i love it.
will you come home for a bit at christmas? perhaps we can go for a stroll.
things here are, well, good. but i'm so busy that it's hard to know what's going on most of the time. i don't want that to continue. but how to stop when you feel like you know nothing? ah well. working on contentedness!
miss you -
ks