ROLLS.

Personal achievement: I can still roll a kayak. I was really hoping that wasn't just something I learned and left in Uganda. Then to make it an even better, tonight I learned how to hand roll - yahoo. So, as the season winds down, I'm really hoping those beginner tricks stick with me until the rivers thaw again in the spring. It's so fun to discover new things, experience the rush of learning new stuff and feel the giddy excitement of small accomplishments. And to think - a whole new season is just around the corner and perhaps filled with more moments like these.

3 comments:

lacy rain said...

yeah, moments like a shared hut in the backcountry of Alberta with a few of your good friends like me!

corrie said...

some giddy excitement would be so nice - glad that you are feeling it. i love the way you can find this so well. and i just think you're great.

Anonymous said...

time for a new post